We have so many nice terraces in our neighborhood. Some spots with a little more sun, others surrounded by greenery or with a great view over the city. In any case, they all have in common that they serve delicious food and can be found in the Plantagebuurt!
We would like to share our overview here. Do you have a tip for a nice terrace that is missing in this list? Let us know.
- Dignita Hoftuin, a great place hidden in a courtyard garden behind the Hermitage and the Nieuwe Herengracht and the Nieuwe Keizersgracht. You can enjoy a brunch from their own vegetable garden; Dignita Hoftuin, Nieuwe Herengracht 18A
- De Plantage, sultry summer evenings on an idyllic square with animal sounds from Artis in the background; De Plantage, Plantagekerklaan 36
- The Living Kitchen, dreaming away with a fantastic view over the city and enjoying delicious food on the Zoku Amsterdam roof terrace; Zoku, The Living Kitchen, Weesperstraat 105
- De Tropen café-restaurant, a sunny terrace in the pleasantly decorated Tropentuin where you can enjoy a Summer Roast with live music on Sunday afternoon 25 July and 22 August; De Tropen café-restaurant, Mauritskade 64
- Park café-restaurant, a large sunny terrace where you can enjoy an amazing view of the Oosterpark all day long; Park cafe-restaurant, Hotel Arena, ‘s-Gravesandestraat 55
- A Tavola, delicious Italian lunch on the cozy terrace overlooking the Nieuwe Herengracht; A Tavola restaurant, Kadijksplein 9
- Bagels & Beans, eat a delicious bagel on the corner of Roetersstraat or take the Classic, Zin in Zoet and the Happy together lunch box for the park; Bagels & Beans, Roetersstraat 2a
- The Hortuscafé, a terrace surrounded by special exotic plants or pick yourself a nice spot in the garden with the to-go filled picnic basket (wine/beer and snacks); Het Hortuscafé is only accessible to visitors to the garden, Plantage Middenlaan 2a
- Borrl Kitchen Deli, a ini-mini terrace where you can enjoy what you see and taste in the Deli; delicious delicacies, homemade specialties on fresh bread rolls, and mouth-watering pastel de nata, Borrl Kitchen Deli, Plantage Kerklaan 41