Choices by DL, a jewelry line from GASSAN Diamonds, chooses ‘Enterprising Woman 2022’. Vote too!
Together with ABN AMRO and MeesPierson, Choices by DL is initiating the award ceremony for Enterprising Woman 2022. This special initiative was created to create collective support for female entrepreneurs. Part of the collaboration is the Enterprising Woman 2022 election, to inspire women in the Netherlands and draw attention to inequality between female and male entrepreneurs. In sports, business and the art sector, among others, the creation of equal opportunities in 2022 is still not the case everywhere.
The women initiators involved:
- Maralde Van der Kaaden, Director Private Bank NL/Managing Director ABN AMRO MeesPierson; “Unfortunately, female entrepreneurs still face more obstacles than male entrepreneurs. International research shows that banks (unknowingly) do not always treat their customers equally. And that is a missed opportunity. That is why we think it is important to draw attention to this.” ABN AMRO set up an inclusive banking team in October 2021. This team works on solutions to remove barriers that customer groups, such as female entrepreneurs, encounter.
- Debora Huisman–Leeser, Chief Creative Officer – GASSAN Diamonds; “Success starts where others stop. “Jewelry brand Choices by DL, a leading Haute Joaillerie brand for 14 years, is made for various types of women and felt responsable to bring this topic of inequality widely to the attention.
Voting for Enterprising Woman 2022 is possible until October 4, 2022 via the voting page of Choices by DL. The main prize for Enterprising Woman 2022 is an amount of money that can be donated to a charity chosen by the winner. There are three categories to vote; a winner will be chosen from each category.
Category: Philan Trophy Love for Humanity; caring for, nurturing, improving or enhancing people’s quality of life or development potential. Philanthropy is the development of private initiatives for the public good, aimed at improving the living conditions of others. The nominees:
- Prinses Laurentien van Oranje- Nassau – o.a. Founder Missing Chapter-Foundation
- Sandra van Beest – Founder & CEO The Social Handshake
- Steffi de Pous – Founder Because We Carry
- Hanneke Verburg – CEO / director Make-A-Wish Nederland
- Vote here for the category ‘Philan Thropy’
Category: Sustainability Sustainable entrepreneurship is the provision of competitively priced goods and services that meet people’s needs and give quality to life, whereby the environmental impact and the use of raw materials and energy are gradually reduced throughout the life cycle and in the chain, to a level that is at least in balance with the carrying capacity of the earth. The nominees:
- Hanna Verboom – Founder Get it done / Cinetree
- Naz Kawan – Co-Founder and Director 2050 Factory
- Steef Fleur – Founder & Creative director Billie Wonder
- Willemijn Stoffels – COO Land Life Company
- Vote here for de category ‘Sustainability’
Category: Personal Branding A media personality is expressed in a woman’s ambitions, what she communicates, and especially the way in which she (distinctive) does her work. The nominees:
- Yeliz Çiçek – Editor-in-Chief Vogue Netherlands
- Claudia Straatmans – Editor-in-Chief Nouveau
- Karin Swerink – Editor-in-chief Linda
- Barbara Barend – Journalist / Publisher / Presenter
- Vote here for the category ‘Personal Branding’
You can also vote on the Choices by DL page.