It is a bit quiet in De Plantage again; catering establishments had to close their doors two weeks ago. The lockdown will last at least until January 14, but luckily many restaurants offer menus and dishes for take away. Theaters, museums and parks are completely closed. Fortunately, many of these institutions have pages online with stories, tours, podcasts, collection items and children’s activities at home. This way we don’t have to be completely without the cultural treasures from De Plantage. Just like last year, we collected some tips for home.
Museums and theaters online
- Experience the magic of Dutch National Opera & Ballet at home; on this page you can watch documentaries about opera and ballet and follow rehearsals and performances online, often also live
- ARTIS has a lot of news and stories about the animal kingdom, nature and our starry sky online
- Micropia has all kinds of fun microbiological experiments for home on the site; everyone can have fun with it
- On the Rembrandt-Thuis page of Het Rembrandthuis you will find guided tours through the museum and videos about, among other things, making etchings and Rembrandt’s paint.
- The Jewish Virtual Quarter offers numerous podcasts, stories, virtual tours and more on the digital museum page. There is also a special children’s platform with games and craft activities
- The National Maritime Museum has presented the museum online with vlogs, audio tours, videos, children’s activities
- On the website of the Tropenmuseum you will find talks, videos, stories and collection online
- Do you already know the Hortus-in-house page of Hortus Amsterdam with fun-to-do-things, video tours, coloring pages and podcasts?
- Royal Theater Carré has put a dazzling program online for the coming months during the closure; buy your ticket in advance!
- Museum van de Geest has put files online on various topics related to the museum and the collection
- On the online page of the Resistance Museum Amsterdam you will find virtual exhibitions, walks and the virtual children’s museum
- Hermitage Amsterdam has an Art Game online for young people between the ages of 15 and 24.
- The Luther Museum Amsterdam offers various podcasts via its website, including about the exhibition Luther & Orange.
- At thuismuseum.nl you can take guided tours through various other museums