The 83rd arrival of Sinterklaas in Amsterdam will take place on Sunday 14 November between 10 am and 1.20 pm. For the first time in history, Sinterklaas and his Pieten sail across the canals: Sinterklaas enters the city center via the Amstel and after a tour through the canals, he sails via the Nieuwe Herengracht through De Plantage to the Maritime Museum.
Our hearts beat with anticipation….
The event is open to the public; everyone can wave to Sinterklaas along the route. Unfortunately, the traditional reception at the Maritime Museum is not a public event due to the corona-measurements, and therefore only accessible to visitors with a QR-code. In order to organize the arrival safely and in accordance with the applicable corona rules, the organization has invited Amsterdam children and their parents to be present at the arrival. The site is not open to the public.
Route of the boat parade to the Maritime Museum
- 10:00 Sinterklaas sails into Amsterdam
- 10:10 Amstel – Weesperzijde
- 10:20 Amstel – Ceintuurbaan
- 10:25 Amstel – Amstel Hotel
- 10:35 Amstel – Sarphatistraat
- 10:40 Amstel – Square
- 11:00 Prinsengracht
- 11:50 Brouwersgracht
- 11:55 Herengracht
- 13:00 Via Amstel to Nieuwe Herengracht and Schippersgracht
- 13:20 Arrival Maritime Museum (for invited guests only)
* times are subject to change
More information about the arrival