Hermitage Amsterdam and SLAA present new podcast series ‘For the sweetest’ (in Dutch)
Hermitage Amsterdam and the Amsterdam Literary Activities Foundation (SLAA) are launching a new podcast series: For the sweetest. In five episodes, writers Massih Hutak, Asha Karami, Sofie Lakmaker, Connie Palmen and Maartje Wortel respond to a love story from Russian literature and present a newly written story for the occasion.
The writers talk to Ellen Deckwitz about the Russian work, the reaction they wrote, and about love in general and for Russian literature in particular. What does the gaze of these writers do with the experience of a Russian classic, such as Chekhov or Turgenev? What is so special about Russian literature that so many writers are still inspired by it?
From Tuesday 11 May, a new episode of For the Love will be published every two weeks via https://soundcloud.com/slaamsterdam, on the websites of Hermitage Amsterdam, SLAA and on all podcast apps.
- May 11: Maartje Wortel – The lady with the dog, Anton Chekhov
- May 25: Massih Hutak – Oblomov, Ivan Goncharov
- June 8: Sofie Lakmaker – First love, Ivan Turgenev
- June 22: Asha Karami – Crossing the Zbrucz, Isaak Babel
- July 6: Connie Palmen – About love, Anton Chekhov
Hermitage Amsterdam, Amstel 51, podcast series Voor de Liefste