On the occasion of the 250th anniversary of the Old Men’s and Women’s House, the Luther Museum is organizing a Bach Week with the theme Bach for the Neighborhood; seven concerts involving as many neighborhood organizations and institutions as possible, including the Sarphatihuis and the local music school. The program includes a workshop organ building for children and a free coffee cantata for the neighborhood on 19 March.
- Concert Bach and Luther, March 14, 2022 | 8 p.m.; actor Thomas de Bres and cellist Joris van Haaften.
- Organ Kids, March 16, 2022 | 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM; children from the neighborhood come to see how to build an organ and do it themselves, with organist Henk Verhoef, followed by an organ concert by Henk Verhoef
- Bach’s Goldberg, March 17, 2022 | 8 p.m.; the Goldberg Variations, performed by the Goldberg Trio.
- Young Talent in the Double Concert, March 18, 2022 | 7:15 p.m.; by musical talent from the Amsterdam Music School, accompanied by musicians from Amsterdam Sinfonietta.
- Coffee cantata for the neighbourhood, March 19, 2022 12:00 pm; neighbors are treated to Bach’s coffee cantata, performed by Linde Schinkel, mezzo-soprano Guja Sandholt, Diet Tilanus (violin), Nina Hitz (cello) and Elizabeth Fadel (accordion). With a cup of coffee of course! Register via the website stating zip code 1018.
- Final concert: Bach & Brahms, March 20, 2022, 8:00 PM; Bach and Brahms, performed by Guja Sandholt (mezzo-soprano), Martijn Willers (piano), Diet Tilanus (violin) and Olivier Patey (clarinet).
Bach Week – March 14, 2022 to March 20, 2022; information and tickets via the website
Luther Museum Amsterdam, Nieuwe Keizersgracht 570